Atwea College believes everyone should have equal access to learning opportunities and given opportunities to succeed.
Our free Student Support Services (SSS) is available to all enrolled students and is here to assist students to successfully complete their course, whether a short course or a full qualification.
SSS can assist you with:
- Goal setting and pathways planning
- Pastoral care
- Timetabling your study to increase success
- Referral to external support
- Transition support into further education and training or employment
- Advocacy regarding reasonable adjustment of learning and assessment
- Learning environment and resource support such as wheelchair access, downstairs classroom, assistive technology, enlarged photocopying, copying onto coloured paper
- Enrolling a buddy free of charge to support you during classes
SSS can also assist you with your academic work, in:
- Essay and report writing
- Structure of your assessment
In addition to this, SSS works with trainers to provide job search related workshops within certain classes.
Some workshop topics include:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Resume writing
- Writing cover letters and selection criteria
- Job interview tips
The workshops are targeted to the needs of the students and are not limited to the above list.